- C3 Year: 1968
- Body Type: Convertible
- Engine: 427
- Transmission: Manual
- Exterior Color: Red
- Interior Color: Saddle
- For Sale By: Private Party
- Contact Name: Jack
- City: Concord
- State / Province: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 94521
- Expires: 20 days, 11 hours
- Contact Poster
view my favorites
This ad has been favorited 533 time(s).
Description of Corvette for sale:
1968 Corvette convertible –
* Rebuilt L71 427-435 hp (factory three carbs), matching numbers engine with original tank sticker
* Optional transistor ignition (as shown on tank sticker) comes with car, but not currently installed
* Original valve covers and shielded ignition wiring included
* Original 4 speed M21
* Original 4:11 posi
* Car was redone about nine years ago and still shows well, although not perfect. Less than 2,000 miles on it since completion. I’ve owned the car for about eight years. I’m in my mid-sixties and drive it very little, but start it up regularly.
* Very rare Central Office Production Order ( COPO ) (special order) Saddle interior (Saddle interior was not a regular option until 1969), also shown on tank sticker
* Built in August 1968, last month of production year. Serial number 28164 (out of 28,566 Corvettes built for 1968). Late model year ’68 Vettes included improvements that were made for 1969 models, such as the following, among other things:
(1) relocating latches for seats to make seats easier to flip forward,
(2) adding interior pull handles to the door panels,
(3) adding frame supports at rear “kick-up” of frame.
Being an August ’69-built car is also why the Saddle interior was available as a special order item, which as stated above, was actually a 1969 model option. Buying an August-built car is as close as you can get to a ’69 due to the updates made on 1968 models.
* Car was originally British Racing Green, but was stripped and painted red about 9 years ago.
* Soft top (new) and hard top
I may take a partial or multiple car trade for something cool. Vette, 55-56-57 Chevy, Camaro, Chevelle, Challenger, GTO, etc
1990 total views, 3 today
Similar Corvettes For Sale
Some other C3 Corvettes that you might be interested in...
1982, auto,new tires, alternator, heater core, cowboy colors,runs great,gerage keepJuly 21, 2017
732 total views, 5 today
Original 2 owner numbers matching 1971 Corvette. I've had the car for 21 years. Frame off restoration in the late nineties. About 10,000 miles on it after resto...June 20, 2017
1028 total views, 2 today
This is a really sharp 75 corvette with great looks and power. It's a lot of fun to cruise around in with great sound from the side pipes. Numbers matching, ...November 6, 2016
1335 total views, 1 today
Share This Corvette
Popular Corvette Lisitngs Overall
- 1966 corvette 427/425 (6898 views)
- Awesome 1980 Corvette !!! (6398 views)
- PRICE REDUCING $500 MONTH TILL SOLD!! 1994 Inaugural Brickyard 400 Official Corvette (5840 views)
- 2008 Coupe 3LT (5594 views)
- One owner 06 Coupe Z51 (5538 views)
- 1986 Malcolm Konner Corvette investment Grade. (5312 views)
- 1977 Black Corvette Red Int 4spd Fun Driver (4784 views)
- 1967 corvette roadster (4612 views)
- 1969 Corvette Coupe for Sale Memphis, TN (4324 views)
- Rare Elkhart Blue 1967 Corvette Frame Off Restoration to NCRS Standards (3813 views)
- 50th Anniversary Edition Convertible. Low Miles.
- 1969 Corvette Coupe for Sale Memphis, TN
- Super Cool 1974 Stingray T-Top * One Owner * Low Miles * Runs Great
- Rare Elkhart Blue 1967 Corvette Frame Off Restoration to NCRS Standards
- 93 40th Anniversary Original owner
- 2000 Corvette Hi Performance Low Miles
- 93 Chevrolet Corvette 40th anniversary edition
- 2009 Z06 Corvette: Victory Red with Ebony Leather
- 1982 Collectors Edition Corvette for sale in Memphis, TN
- 1993 (40th Anniversary) Corvette – One Owner!!!